She waited for him. Forever.
When I first thought of it, I loved the fact that it can be interpreted in many ways. Of course, didn’t want to explain it there, so here goes –
- She was waiting for him to reply to a message/e-mail/letter and he never did and we don’t know why.
- He had left her, and she didn’t know.
- He was dead, and she didn’t know.
- She was waiting for what she felt like was forever, but it had been only a few minutes.
My favorite –
- She was waiting for the “one” for her, and she never found him.
Multiple interpretations got me to wonder if there were more. What was(were) your interpretations?
And there was the other thought, what if I exchanged the gender, which I tried here –
He waited for her. Forever.
Does it bring about more interpretations? Or does it change the texture of the story?
Do men and women react differently to the two stories because the genders are changed around?